Monday, June 2, 2008

Almost an attorney...


Well, this morning I had an exciting opportunity at my internship. First, a little background information: I have a letter signed by the dean of my law school that allows me to "practice law" under the direction of a supervising attorney. This is called "senior certification". All third year law students can attain "senior certification" by getting a signed letter from the dean of their law school. Anyway, now to the point: This morning, I interviewed some clients, asking them questions about whether or not they are paying child support, looking for jobs, currently have a job, etc. And I did this ALL BY MYSELF (look who's a big boy now!!!) Next, I negotiated with a prosecutor, with a supervising attorney. Then, I participated in a hearing with the district court referee (basically a judge). During the hearing, the only persons present were myself, my client, the judge, and the prosecutor. I must say that actually DOING STUFF is 10x more exciting than watching others do it. Needless to say, it was a very beneficial experience and I really enjoyed it.
Jeanette started her summer teaching job. It was fine.
Tomorrow I start my "job" as a law clerk at my law firm downtown. I am really, really excited!!!!

I would like to say thanks to our devoted readers and fans ;)

P.S. The photo above is one of Jeanette's favorites...

Todd
(GO UTES)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Nice picture. Todd, congrats on the job, that is really great. Jeanette...how about some more detail on your life..."it was fine"? That's all we get? It's nice to keep up with you two.

- Mike