Sunday, September 21, 2008

it's a girl!


we went to the doctor on wednesday and everything is going well. we found out we are going to be having a girl and are ecstatic! it is so nice knowing that "it" is a she. two names we are thinking of as of now are elizabeth jean (both family names) and sophia marie (the latter is a family name). we are just calling her "peanut" for now.

peanut is also quite the mover. i've been feeling her a lot in the last week. todd is still not able to feel her yet, but it is fun talking about her. todd is so very cute with the whole thing. he talks, reads, and sings to her. he is going to be such a great daddy. also, at church today i noticed he was noticing friends' daughters a lot more than the sons. there was a fun glimmer in his eye. i can just tell how excited he is.

i apologize for the distance in blog postings. school has begun for both of us, thus, life is incredibly full. wonderfully full, yet full. and our camera is on the fritz, so the first day of school photos i took are not accessible. i'll get them up as soon as i get access to them.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Hey--you're look pregnant--BARELY! You look great. Congratulations on a girl. I think that's a great way to start out! :)

thirdof11 said...

I agree with Kim. Go girls! Okay, okay, boys are great too. I am so excited for you guys.

Megan and John said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys! I was very reluctant and quite terrified to have a little girl but I have fallen head over heals in love with my little one. Now if you just lived closer so that they could have play dates... :)

That's okay, though. They'll be mission companions in Thailand in 21 years, right? Maybe my little Rachel will train your little peanut?? If she could only be so lucky...

CONGRATS!

Kim and Justin said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I love it. I'm so excited for you guys, girls are so fun!

Bob and Carole said...

Thanks for the picture. I'm so excited for this grandbaby. You look great.

Trisha said...

Congrats! Sorry that I have not been too diligent at my blog stalking and I am just getting around to catching up.
So very exciting!

Oliver & Natalie said...

I my goodness! I didn't know you were pregnant. How exciting!!! Congratulations on a baby girl! I like the names.

Melissa said...

My long lost roommate! (Lisa and I have been looking for you.) How are you? I found your blog through Mike and Kim's that was linked with a mutual friend from freshman year.

I'm so excited for you, a girl! So much has happened since we last talked. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the posts on your blog!